WiLL is looking for a Sales Associate/Manager who will help support the growth of our network of customer accounts. The ideal candidate possesses clear excitement for business development, sales, and account management within a technical sales role and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely as they serve as a liaison between engineering, sales, and customer teams. This person will continuously develop and refine their knowledge of various lighting applications and WiLL’s vast and growing product catalog. You will assist in all aspects of lighting design, applications, and both pre- and post-sales support.
Our team members are proud to possess a fusion of mechanical and electrical aptitude. Oh yeah, aside from work, we build/race cars, travel, go boating, sing at Korean Karaoke bars (yes, that's happened), enjoy a microbrew, and collectively have every light pole and fixture memorized along Hwy 41 between Milwaukee and Appleton. You think we’re kidding, huh? Try us!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Develop deep expertise of WiLL’s products, solutions, sales channels, industry structure, etc.
- Prospect sales opportunities and close business within targeted accounts for underdeveloped accounts
- Increase sales with existing accounts to achieve individual, team and company goals
- Setup and manage customer meetings and factory visits
- Help manage lighting projects, customer proposals, quotes, bills of materials, etc.
- Development relationships and business opportunities over phone, email, customer visits, and factory tours
- Interface between customers and sales support staff to interpret and communicate engineering documents, architectural drawings, and specification sheets with various parties, including customers
- Support customer relationships over phone, email and in person.
- Leverage sales reports and other IT tools to measure individual, team and department performance
- Ensure smooth transition of accounts thru the development process from prospecting to sales to account management
- Develop and maintain a variety of customer relationships including end users, contractors, distributors, factories, purchasing managers, executives, etc.
- 20-30 percent domestic travel required
- Bachelor’s degree, with 2-3 years sales related experience preferred
- Lighting industry and/or business-to-business sales experience preferred but not required
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule while supporting customer relationships and opportunities
- Self-motivated and results-driven with demonstrated energy, initiative, and ability to hit sales goals
- Demonstrated integrity and team-driven approach to work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and operate new software and programs
- Effective time-management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and account management skills with demonstrated success developing strong customer relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An interest or background in technology, computers, etc. is a plus
- Electrical and mechanical background is a plus
- Clear desire to work as part of a small "start-up" business culture and become an integral part of our growing team
- Strong work ethic, passion, positive energy, winning attitude, and desire to learn every day
- Ability to travel domestically 20-30 percent of the time
We're a small and respected team operating in a booming industry. We consist of about 50 dedicated support professionals, problem solvers, product experts, welders, machinists, fabricators, engineers, project managers, creatives, programmers, and marketing professionals working hard to deliver the industry's best mix of product selection and expertise.
Products & History
We are members of an innovative family of brands spanning over four decades in commercial/industrial engineering, manufacturing, and distribution. We service a mix of clientele across the US providing engineering services and high-output LED light pole and fixture products for applications large and small. Professional grade, USA made light poles, brackets, and assemblies are the core of our product offering. Our ever-expanding catalog includes 20,000+ standard light pole offerings in aluminum, steel, and fiberglass materials. We deliver nearly limitless procurement and production potential in various materials, shapes, sizes, and finishes for parking lot, roadway, street, and security applications.
Our LED lighting products dramatically reduce energy consumption and virtually eliminate ongoing maintenance expenses for the site, area, street, sports, and warehouse lighting applications. Our products utilize superior optical and thermal management systems to deliver whiter, brighter lighting that improves safety and visibility.
How to Apply
Submit your contact information and resume here.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection