Design & Support Associate/Engineer
POSITION BACKGROUNDWiLL is looking for a Design & Support Associate/Engineer who will help support our growing families of products and brands. The ideal candidate must possess an excitement for each product opportunity and possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely as they serve as a liaison between the engineering and production team. This person will continuously develop and refine their knowledge of various lighting technologies, the manufacturing process, and WiLL’s vast and growing product catalog. You'll assist in all aspects of lighting design, prototyping, testing, and pre- and post-sales support.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Identify technical feasibility and requirements for new product lines and individual applications
- Help develop extremely high quality LED lighting products that fit our various markets
- Quickly and thoroughly develop an expert understanding of our commercial/industrial light pole, LED fixture, and complete assembly products and capabilities
- Interface between engineering, sales and production teams
- Continually "WOW" team members through your deep technical understanding of our products and applications
- Assist with completing vendor price quotes, purchasing components, and managing inventory
- Design, build, and thermal test light fixture prototypes
- Develop wiring diagrams and bills of material (BOMs)
- Help manage product certifications, IES files, and ETL/UL inspections and audits
- Support our growing sales team with things like lighting design support, application questions, CAD, production, and inventory management, etc.
- Spend time on the assembly floor building LED products and supporting our production efforts to better learn our products and processes
- Resolve product issues quickly and efficiently
- Continually display passion and excitement for our products and brands
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop technical documents, install instructions, spec sheets, and sales literature
- Assist with RMA and warranty process
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical background with high quality/workmanship standards
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, design, and manufacturing processes
- Extreme interest in, and experience with, technology, computers, databases, etc.
- An analytical mind with an electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in MS Office and CAD programs like SolidWorks, AGi32, etc.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and programs
- An interest or background in programming is a plus
- Clear desire to work in a small, "start-up" business culture and be an integral part of our growing team
- Hard work ethic, passion, energy, winning attitude, desire to learn every day
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to travel for short periods of time
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excited to learn new things and take on challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your contact information and resume here.