Lighting Controls + Product Support Technician
Wisconsin Lighting Lab, Inc. (WiLL) has an open position for a Lighting Controls + Product Support Technician who will help support our growing families of products and brands.
The ideal candidate must possess an excitement for each product opportunity and possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely as they serve as an important member of a growing sector of our LED + Pole-making business. This person will continuously develop and refine their knowledge of various lighting technologies, the manufacturing process, and WiLL’s vast and growing product catalog. You'll assist in many aspects of our lighting controls product line including LED fixture + circuit board assembly + programming + testing, 3D printing, lighting control system configuration, and pre-and post-sales support.
Our team members are proud to possess a fusion of mechanical and electrical aptitude. Aside from work, we build/race cars, travel, go boating, sing at Korean Karaoke bars (yes, that's happened), enjoy a microbrew (yes, we have a brewery onsite), and lumberjack/lumberjill in the fall (toss axes, shoot arrows, throw kegs, etc).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Discuss and help define project requirements with internal team & customers
- Assemble + configure + test circuit board products
- Assemble + configure + test lighting system control consoles
- Lighting control system programming + configuration according to project requirements
- Assist with purchasing components and managing inventory
- Collaborate with engineering & sales team to continuously improve product line and enhance capabilities
- Manage + maintain 3D print farm used for both prototype + production parts
- Tight collaboration with controls engineering team
- Assist with LED light fixture prototyping + production
- Additional electrical/mechanical assembly
- Continually “WOW” team members thru your deep technical understanding of our products and applications
- Continually display passion and excitement for products, brands
- Resolve product issues quickly and efficiently
- Exceptional electrical + mechanical + technical aptitude
- Excellent computer skills with a desire to learn new software configuration + programming skills
- Fabrication + manufacturing process experience is a plus
- Hard work ethic, passion, energy, winning attitude, desire to learn every day and develop cool products that sell
- Clear desire to be part of the startup “hustle” and wear many hats
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Polite, yet aggressive
- Excited to learn new things and take on challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manufacturing, distribution, and eCommerce experience are a plus
We're a small and respected team operating in a booming industry. We consist of about 50 dedicated support professionals, problem solvers, product experts, welders, machinists, fabricators, engineers, project managers, creatives, programmers, and marketing professionals working hard to deliver the industry's best mix of product selection and expertise.
PRODUCTS + HISTORY
We are members of an innovative family of companies spanning over four decades in commercial/industrial engineering, manufacturing, and distribution. We service a mix of clientele across the US providing engineering services and high-output LED light pole and fixture products for applications large and small. Professional grade, American-made light poles, brackets, and assemblies are the core of our product offering. Our ever-expanding catalog includes 20,000+ standard light pole offerings in aluminum, steel, and fiberglass materials. We deliver nearly limitless procurement and production potential in various materials, shapes, sizes, and finishes for parking lot, roadway, street, and security applications. Our LED lighting products dramatically reduce energy consumption and virtually eliminate ongoing maintenance expenses for the site, area, street, sports, and warehouse lighting applications. Our products utilize superior optical and thermal management systems to deliver whiter, brighter lighting that improves safety and visibility.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your contact information and resume here.