Quality & Lean Process Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Quality & Lean Process Manager to join our team at Wisconsin Lighting Lab, Inc. As a key member of our Engineering and Manufacturing Operations department, you will be responsible for ensuring our products and manufacturing processes comply with industry standards, regulations, and customer requirements while implementing Lean manufacturing principles to improve overall quality and efficiency.
Our team members are proud to possess a fusion of hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude. Oh yeah, aside from work, we build/race cars, travel, go boating, sing at Korean Karaoke bars (yes, that's happened), enjoy a microbrew, and collectively have every light pole and fixture memorized along Hwy 41 between Milwaukee and Appleton. You think we’re kidding, huh? Try us!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Identify and eliminate waste in manufacturing processes using Lean methodologies such as 5S, Kaizen, and Value Stream Mapping
- Develop and implement focused production cells to increase efficiency and productivity
- Optimize production processes and equipment to reduce costs and improve quality
- Develop and implement quality assurance processes to ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and customer requirements
- Conduct internal and external audits to assess compliance with established quality and compliance standards
- Identify and analyze non-compliance issues and develop corrective action plans to address them
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that quality and compliance requirements are integrated into product design, development, and manufacturing processes
- Stay current with industry developments, regulations, and standards to ensure that our products and processes are up-to-date
- Provide guidance and training to employees on quality and compliance-related topics
- Develop and implement quality management systems to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Communicate with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues and maintain positive relationships
- Manage sub-tier supplier relationships including compliance with their manufacturing processes
- Bachelor's degree in Quality Management or a related field may be helpful but is not required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quality and compliance in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, and other industry standards and processes
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical background with high quality/workmanship standards
- Knowledge of fabrication, design, and manufacturing processes
- Extreme interest in, and experience with, technology, computers, databases, etc.
- An analytical mind with an electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Experience with CAD programs like SolidWorks
- Ability to learn and operate new software and programs
- An interest or background in programming is a plus
- Clear desire to work in a small, "start-up" business culture and be an integral part of our growing team
- Hard work ethic, passion, energy, winning attitude, desire to learn every day
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to travel for short periods of time
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excited to learn new things and take on challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We're a small and respected team operating in a booming industry. We consist of about 50 dedicated support professionals, problem solvers, product experts, welders, machinists, fabricators, engineers, project managers, creatives, programmers, and marketing professionals working hard to deliver the industry's best mix of product selection and expertise.
PRODUCTS + HISTORY
We are members of an innovative family of companies spanning over four decades in commercial/industrial engineering, manufacturing, and distribution. We service a mix of clientele across the US providing engineering services and high-output LED light pole and fixture products for applications large and small. Professional grade, American-made light poles, brackets, and assemblies are the core of our product offering. Our ever-expanding catalog includes 20,000+ standard light pole offerings in aluminum, steel, and fiberglass materials. We deliver nearly limitless procurement and production potential in various materials, shapes, sizes, and finishes for parking lot, roadway, street, and security applications. Our LED lighting products dramatically reduce energy consumption and virtually eliminate ongoing maintenance expenses for the site, area, street, sports, and warehouse lighting applications. Our products utilize superior optical and thermal management systems to deliver whiter, brighter lighting that improves safety and visibility.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your contact information and resume here.