Application Support Associate/Engineer
WiLL is looking for an Application Support Associate/Engineer who will help support our growing sales and engineering teams. The ideal candidate must possess an excitement for each lighting opportunity and posses the ability to communicate clearly and concisely as they serve as a liaison between the engineering and sales team. This person will continuously develop and refine their knowledge of various lighting applications and WiLL’s vast and growing product catalog. You'll assist in all aspects of lighting design, applications, and pre/post-sales support.
Our team members are proud to possess a fusion of mechanical and electrical aptitude. Oh yeah, aside from work, we build/race cars, travel, go boating, sing at Korean Karaoke bars (yes, that's happened), enjoy a microbrew, and collectively have every light pole and fixture memorized along Hwy 41 between Milwaukee and Appleton. You think I'm kidding, huh? Try us!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Develop deep expertise of WiLL’s products and solutions
- Interpret and communicate engineering documents, architectural drawings, and specification sheets with various parties, including customers
- Develop CAD lighting designs and application renderings in support of the sales team
- Provide pre- and post-sale technical support
- Assist with the RMA and warranty process
- Interface between customers and outside engineering and sales teams, as well as in-house engineering and sales teams
- Manage lighting projects, customer proposals, quotes, bills of materials, etc.
- Extreme interest in, and experience with, technology, computers, databases, etc.
- An analytical mind with an electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of the manufacturing process
- Ability to learn and operate new software and programs
- Proficiency in MS Office and CAD programs like SolidWorks, AGi32, etc.
- An interest or background in programming is a plus
- Clear desire to work in a small, "start-up" business culture and be an integral part of our growing team
- Hard work ethic, passion, energy, winning attitude, desire to learn every day
- Excellent time management with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to travel for short periods of time
We're a small and respected team operating in a booming industry. We consist of about 50 dedicated support professionals, problem solvers, product experts, welders, machinists, fabricators, engineers, project managers, creatives, programmers, and marketing professionals working hard to deliver the industry's best mix of product selection and expertise.
Products & History
We are members of an innovative family of brands spanning over four decades in commercial/industrial engineering, manufacturing, and distribution. We service a mix of clientele across the US providing engineering services and high-output LED light pole and fixture products for applications large and small. Professional grade, USA made light poles, brackets, and assemblies are the core of our product offering. Our ever-expanding catalog includes 20,000+ standard light pole offerings in aluminum, steel, and fiberglass materials. We deliver nearly limitless procurement and production potential in various materials, shapes, sizes, and finishes for parking lot, roadway, street, and security applications.
Our LED lighting products dramatically reduce energy consumption and virtually eliminate ongoing maintenance expenses for the site, area, street, sports, and warehouse lighting applications. Our products utilize superior optical and thermal management systems to deliver whiter, brighter lighting that improves safety and visibility.
How to Apply
Submit your contact information and resume here.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection